Terms of Reference
MONITORING AND REPORTING
• Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review impact of the cluster and progress against the Humanitarian Response strategy and targets (as per HRP Monitoring Framework)
• Ensure monthly collection and consolidation of data on Shelter Cluster response, and production of key information products (4Ws, partners map, dashboard on cluster response, directory, maps on cluster coordination)
• Provide assistance in ensuring Cluster partners provide timely, consistent and compatible data from assessments and monitoring to inform the response
• Develop information products for the Shelter Cluster, in particular with regard to the findings of assessments and available data in IDP sites.
• Conduct analysis of quantitative and qualitative datasets to contribute to the analysis
• Work closely with UNHCR Information Management Team to use displacement data analysis from the Protection and Return Monitoring Framework for the Shelter Cluster.
• Assist in training on the use of reporting tools among Shelter Cluster members, assistance providers and other stakeholders
• In consultation with the Senior Shelter Cluster Coordinator, develop information management tools for the sub-national Shelter Cluster coordinators and assist in training partners at sub-national level to operationalize these tools.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
UNHCR leads the Shelter Cluster in partnership with the Norwegian Refugee Council (DRC) to ensure coordination of the response of a wide group of international and national partners providing shelter and NFI assistance to affected populations in Somalia. The goal of the Shelter Cluster Goal is to deliver both life-saving and life-sustaining assistance for the most vulnerable drought and conflict-affected people across Somalia.
It is with this background that UNHCR is looking for an experienced Assistant Information Management Officer to support Shelter Cluster’s information management-related work.
The incumbent will perform under the direct supervision of the Senior Shelter Cluster Coordinator, based in Mogadishu and will benefit from technical advice and support from the UNHCR Information Management Officer for Somalia Operation.
4. Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a degree/diploma in a relevant field in information management, geographic sciences information technology, statistics or related field of studies
• Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze large quantitative and qualitative datasets
• Interest in conflict analysis, human rights, social studies
b. Work Experience
• At least three year’s combined field experience in humanitarian organizations (e.g UN agencies, INGOs, Donors, IFRC or ICRC)
• Possess experience with handling confidential data, demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies and capable of building and maintaining databases and filing systems for project management
• Experience in web design, graphic design and software development is an asset. Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and operating procedures
Standard Job Description
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria