NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions. NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
NRC Somalia is part of NRC’s East Africa and Yemen regional operation which comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across Ten countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Yemen, Eritrea, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania and Sudan). NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to enhance protection and promote the rights of displaced people in humanitarian need by improving living conditions and seeking durable solutions. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
Role Specific Information
The ICT Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and providing strategic and technical ICT support and recommendations in the country.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Coordinate the dissemination and implementation of NRC’s global and regional ICT strategy in the country, as well as contributing to its definition and review from a country perspective.
- Provide oversight and compliance checks on the implementation of ICT strategy and policies throughout the country.
- Coordinate ICT resources, skills and competence within the country and offer support and advice where and when needed.
- Collect and disseminate ICT-related knowledge and learning within the country and at a regional level.
- Work with ICT staff in the country to enable them to provide ICT 1stline support as well as assist with planning, budgeting and procurement as per NRC standards.
- Provide training of ICT staff in country and (when relevant) support the recruitment and/or on-boarding of new ICT staff in country.
- Provide hands on support and gap-filling throughout country – travel involved – at the discretion of Country Office and in line with need.
- Provides periodic reports on connectivity of the country and area offices through Meraki.
- Advice the country and area offices on bandwidth capacity required for offices, bandwidth usage as well as best practices of bandwidth management.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitor Somalia NRC networks online at all times, to avoid network disruptions
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades and data back ups
- Maintaining records of software licenses (number of licenses and validity)
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues and do refresher training every once and a while.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Liaise with procurement and service providers in replacing equipment and computer parts as required, and in ordering new equipment from outside the country.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports necessary for IT and assessments done
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications, as well as the training in existing applications and online systems
- Continuously monitor cyber risks and immediately share alerts of phishing and spam emails to all staff for the betterment of security of NRC systems
- Continuously monitor the modes, bandwidths and costs of internet offered by Somalia ISPs
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles, emails and dealing with password issues
- Setting up MFA on users email accounts for two step verification security mechanism
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers, computer maintenance companies as well as users
- Assess and ensure to have in place power and power backup system to facilitate computer systems usage
- Set up zoom meetings for different users in Somalia as and when requested.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on all computer equipment
- ICT Asset and inventory management through online and offline NRC platforms
- Provide specification for any ICT equipment to purchased and provide technical bids analysis to ensure the purchase will conform to standards and software in place
- Along with Stores Clerk, receive all computers and equivalent assets purchased or received by NRC ensuring they match specification and requirement
- Help/train staff in sending all ICT requests to helpdesk for easy tracking and troubleshooting
- Manage NRC Somalia mailing distribution lists and making sure they are up-to-date
- Support to monitor and track all assets for the organization as and when required
- Document and report on new issues, both hardware & software, and share the same with RO and HO ICT for further help.
- Support all NRC Somalia offices when field ICT are out of office (on leave) or in a field mission.
- Work closely with RO and HO ICT in the piloting and deployment of new systems and applications in NRC Somalia.
- Act as the Focal Point for NRC Somalia Digital Reporting Systems (1. Output and Outcome Reporting 2. Complaint and Feedback System and 3. PowerBI interfaces)
- Liaise with Core Competence specialists, Project Managers, Coordinator, M&E, and support staff on the design, review, and troubleshooting of (the collection and dissemination of information) on digital platforms
- Control information flow, storage, and archiving of data.
- Ensure the protection of data according to NRC’s standard requirements and general commitments
- Provides quality control and oversight on data that is being collected, identifies and addresses errors in input and also output of each system and duly report it to the M&E Manager
- Liaise with Head Office technical team as well as software service providers on the development of new features, updates, repairs, and the security of applications.
Apply Here :