Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: PDQ (CSS MEAL Team) LOCATION; Beletweyne with frequently travel to all other districts as requested.
GRADE: 4 CONTRACT LENGTH; 12 Months
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The post holder will support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) strategy, policy and practice by helping design programme monitoring systems, build the capacity of staff in their analysis and dissemination of data, handling conplaint/feedback, iproving project information sharing and community participation to SCI programs, coordinate information management and reporting systems. The post holder will also be supporting to the Area MEAL Manager in implementing the MEAL strategy in Southern states of Somalia specialy assigned field office including but not limited (Baidao, Adado, Kismayo, Dhobley, Mogadishu, Beletweyne,Abudwak and Mataban) and other assigned field offices
He/she will support in the delivery of an effective MEAL function playing a key role in the expansion of Save the Children programmes in your assigned area to increase impact and enable positive change for children.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area REALM Manager – SS
Technically Reports: N/A
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Role Dimensions Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support the delivery of effective Programmes, in both development and humanitarian contexts, by:
Program Quality Monitoring
• Support project team design a monitoring framework/plans to report activities according to appropriate framework(s)
• Develop Indicator Performance Tracking Tables (IPTTs) for specific projects in coordination with Area Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Manager and program staff
• Compile the output tracker report
• Systemically check the IPTT data for quality, accuracy, and consistency and undertake data quality checks field visits and provide feedback to project staffs as necessary
• Maintain a tracking spreadsheet/schedule for field monitoring and undertake monthly field visits accordingly to monitor whether activities are implemented in line with the quality benchmarks
• Produce quality field monitoring reports on quality of service provision
• Assist in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative assessments as appropriate
• Conduct quarterly program data assessment
Evaluations and Studies
• Participate the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation analysis and reporting for internally-conducted studies and needs assessment
• Provide support to internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned exercises
• Manage the specialised data management and analysis platforms
• Build the capacity of the fieldworkers and other project staffs on digital data collection and management
• Support all program research in Hiran region.
Accountability and Learning
• Ensure that accountability to beneficiaries and transparency become integral part of all program interventions
• Receive and register complaints and their responses in complaint database in the assigned area and make sure that complaints are logged in a professional and timely manner
• Respond and communicate with the beneficiaries in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback
• Keep regular follow up of complaints, update complaint database on daily basis, handle them as per the accountability guidelines and shares the information with the relevant staff members
• Provide support in ensuring that all SC interventions have accountability panaflexes/banners
• Ensure display of program standards (panaflexes) at each of program delivery site
• Maintain an action plan tracker and keep a regular follow up on actions and resolutions agreed, and undertake verification visits
• Representing the principles and work of Save the Children to donors, United Nations, NGOs and INGOs, government, media and other stakeholders when required
• Complying with and promoting all Save the Children Global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety
• Any other tasks of an equivalent nature as assigned by the line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
– holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
– holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
– sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
– widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
– future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
– builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
– values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
– approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
– develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
– willing to take disciplined risks.
– honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
At least Higher Diploma Qualification or Bachelor degree Social Science/ Statistics/Economics/Public Health
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy, all employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI protection from sexual exploitation abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Female qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria