Procurement Service provides policy and operational support to ensure that the Organization procures good, works and services based on ‘Best Value for Money’ principles.
The Procurement Consultant will be located in Mogadishu at FAO Somalia Office and will perform a variety of procurement activities aimed to assist headquarters units and field offices requiring specialized procurement support.
The Procurement Consultant will work under the general guidance of the FOAR and under the direct supervision of International Procurement Officer (IPO), as appropriate for functional and policy guidance.
Procurement of goods and/or services.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Review and analyze procurement requests for completeness and conformity with established FAO rules, procedures and practice; liaise with the requesters, as necessary, and recommend to supervisor appropriate strategy/approach to best serve institutional interests including requests from Headquarters divisions or decentralized offices to undertake procurement locally;
• Assist in preparing evaluation criteria, for more complex procurement actions, tender documents and contracts. Assist in preparing office procurement plans, developing and implementing directly or indirectly procurement strategies for requested goods/services/works taking into consideration the associated risks and the related mitigation measures.
• Perform operational functions relating to the procurement process including, but not limited to, preparation of documents in FAO’s ERP system and other office applications related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders/contracts, evaluation of bids/proposals, follow-up with suppliers/contractors including follow-up on orders/contracts to ensure timely delivery/contract execution, etc.
• If based in HQ, assist the supervisor in providing guidance to Organization staff particularly in country offices on procurement/contracting matters and on the implementation of procurement strategies and processes in conformity with the relevant rules, procedures and practices;
• If based in field offices, lead the local procurement team directly or acting as secondary supervisor assisting the International Procurement Officer (where present), for: review/preparation of field office procurement function assessment and improvement plans, local procurement staff TORs revision and preparation, procurement staff performance evaluation, local procurement staff capacities development,
• Make recommendation of awards for procurement activities relating to the purchase of goods or contracting of services/works;
• If based in HQ, review and analyze requests for ad-hoc re-delegation of authority received from country offices; if based in field office, prepare and introduce requests for ad-hoc re-delegation of authority to CSLP HQ relevant unit
• Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on the use of IT applications, including e-tendering tools, utilized in the Procurement Service;
• Participate in procurement missions worldwide, providing support and training to decentralized offices as necessary;
• Produce relevant reports to support contract monitoring;
• Quality assurance management and monitoring of contractual instruments with Non-Profit Organizations/Entities;
• Perform other duties as required.
• University Degree in Law, Business, Administration, Economics, Public Administration or Commerce or a related field.
• A minimum of three years of relevant experience in procurement related activities;
• Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for PSA only English may be required).
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Demonstrated knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for goods and services;
• Extent and relevance of experience in public sector procurement dealing with contractual issues;
• Extent and relevance of experience in identifying clients’ procurement-related needs and in providing support and guidance from clients’ point of view;
• Experience in logistics operations is an asset desirable;
• Knowledge of procurement-related IT tools and systems (i.e. enterprise resource planning, inventory management, procurement, database management applications, etc.) is desirable.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance: https://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria