CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Chief of Information Officer – Mogadishu
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief of Information Officer is a key executive leader responsible for shaping and executing the organization’s technology strategy in alignment with BB bank’s growth and consumer-focused business objectives. This multifaceted role encompasses strategic business advisory, visionary leadership, high-performing cross-functional team collaboration and culture building, talent management and development, business outcome focused innovation, change management, and effective management of IT infrastructure and applications including information security. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of driving transformative change in a dynamic and consumer-driven environment.
The Chief of Information Officer reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes IT goals and timelines for projects.
- Ensure the Bank achieves Optimum consumption from the Financial Banking applications
- Ensure the Bank Technology and Applications achieve adherence to Regulatory compliance and requirements
- Oversees implementation and integration of Technology enabled projects
- Ensures security fortification of all Bank Customer Data and information including digital data in line with Bank ICT Security Policies
- Ensure 100% 7×24 Uptime on all Bank Technology Infrastructure and Banking Applications,
- Provide the required SLA % to the Business units, ensuring offer the needed technology guidance to drive the Business transformation and objectives.
- To manage highly skilled IT team in effective manner ensuring Career Development and right alignment to Banks growth strategy.
- Serve as member of executive team and takes part in long-term business growth strategizing.
- Develop and follow the IT Strategy Roadmap in line with overall Bank Business Strategy
- Analyzes system usage and processes to determine how to optimize ROI- Return on investment, improve information technology systems, and foster business growth.
- Researches and forecasts emerging computing trends.
- Ensure your build culture of Integration across the Business ecosystems to drive the Bank Strategy and Growth, underpinned on technology enablement.
- Develops and maintains IT budget.
- Establishes Proactive Real-time Technology Health Checks processes and procedures
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Technology vendors and negotiates services and contracts.
- Develops Training documents for systems users, including info graphics, slide shows, and video tutorials.
- Effectively communicate to Executive and Larger Bank community on the technology trends and solutions especially that add enormous Value to the Bank Strategy.
- Helps direct development of customer-facing web platforms and digital experiences, including sales.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Change management
- Digital Thinking
- Experience designing and developing IT systems
- Understanding of data analysis, business principles, and operations
- User focus
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Familiarity with technology and platforms used in your field
- Research and analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to improvise and find workarounds
- Adaptability and curiosity.
- Leadership, management, and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of Financial product and sector
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Project management
- Interpersonal skills
- Big-picture thinking
- Integrity and trustworthiness with confidential data
- Fluency in English and Somali both written and verbal
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or software engineering, or information systems; MBA or other master’s level degree a plus
- 3-5 years’ supervisory or management experience in a technology role at financial institution
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT or data management
How to apply
Forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating the role you are applying for to:
Closing Date: 29th of February, 2024.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions