The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 550 employees who contribute towards making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners
Provide Administrative support to TEC staff at the Country Office and in field Somalia (when required); respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
• Ensure smooth and efficient information flow within the unit; prepare and process confidential information; and assist in the development of office administrative systems and procedures; organize unit meetings and events; drafting minutes and reports and circulate or distribute accordingly.
• Respond or draft responses to a wide range of correspondences and other communication; collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondences to support the effective work of colleagues.
• Maintain calendars and schedules including date tracker for IT-related contracts; monitor changes and communicate relevant information to appropriate Staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
• Receive, file, track invoices, record service entry sheets in the corporate ERP (WINGS), and prepare payment request forms for unit head’s verification, forward invoices to finance and track the same via portal (invoice tracking system)
• Liaise with admin unit and WFP travel agent to facilitate travel arrangements for TEC unit staff; prepare TA s, request travel advance (Daily Subsistence Allowance [DSA]) and prepare all other required travel documentation.
• Liaise and follow-up with United Nations Humanitarian Air Services (UNHAS) to facilitate staff and flight bookings.
• Prepare and track purchase requisitions (PRs) and enter Goods Received Noted (GRN) upon receipt of equipment.
• Assist with asset management of TEC equipment received from suppliers, issued to staff or dispatched to various duty stations and confirm the serial numbers of the inventory focal person to update the asset management system accordingly.
• Maintain staff movement records including leave and daily staff attendance.
• Contribute to the overall improvement of business procedures and processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned by my supervisor and management.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
1 year (initial)contract
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
Closing Date: 17th May 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria