Position Job Description Position Title: Community Mobilizer Position Location: Balcad, Middle Shabelle Region Somalia Duration of Employment – Full-time Deadline to Apply: 2 April, 2021 Program Summary: The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of […]
Position Job Description
Position Title: Community Mobilizer
Position Location: Balcad, Middle Shabelle Region Somalia
Duration of Employment – Full-time
Deadline to Apply: 2 April, 2021
The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The Program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them. Through Creative Associates International, Hano Academy has contracted to implement this project in Balcad and Jowhar, Middle Shabelle Region , Somalia Thus, Hano Academy is now seeking the services of a qualified Community Mobilizer.
The core function of this position is to implement Community mobilization activities under the USAID- funded, Accelerated Quality Learning for Somali Children and Youth program. The Community Mobilization Officer will lead all community mobilization activities within program targeted communities around educational centers ensuring the participation of community members in decision making, as well as their buy-in to key project messages. Part of this role will include managing of community mobilization activities, planning of activities in the field, monitoring of implementation and supporting logistics needs of the community mobilization component, contribution to the preparation of printed and other materials for BCC component. To be responsible for the Community Mobilization in agreement with the line manager, and the Teacher Education Officer along whom the position holder will closely work, the job holder will also work alongside other players on the day-to-day planning, coordination, and reporting on the component deliverables towards achieving the programme objectives.
• In consultation with the Programme coordinator, plan for community awareness and mobilization activities raise awareness on the value of education, including Accelerated education for the youth and disadvantaged groups who missed on education opportunities
• To lead, coordinate and implement community mobilization activities by applying various techniques to mobilize leaders from local communities (host, IDPs, youth, in Jowhar district of Middle Shabelle region
• Lead community mobilization approach design, development, and implementation in coordination with the respective district authorities, clan leaders, religious leaders and elders – District
• To monitor community mobilization activity performance in the field with reference to indicators including increased community awareness, increased enrolment of program target groups of children to programme supported centers
• To monitor and report the availability of the required items, printed materials and etc.
• Carryout Community outreach to develop relations in the targeted districts
• To provide regular updates and report to Program coordinator on the progress of implementation
• Performing any other activities as may be required by the Project Senior Management Team (SMT).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in social science, development Studies, Education are preferable
• Knowledge of current national and international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models
• Minimum two (2) year of experience in Community Mobilization role or related field is highly preferred. Experience of working with community, partners
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
• Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required;
• Must have exceptional oral and written communications skills
• Must be professionally proficient in written and spoken English.
• Must be fluent in written and spoken Somali language.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership and team-building skills
• Must be able to engage positively and productively with a diverse population of team members, stakeholders and government counterparts.
• Must have a valid Somali passport, or at least valid Somali national ID card and work permit, or obtain within 90-days of contract signing, to facilitate living and working in Somali and work- related travel throughout BAB Program area of implementation.
How to Apply
Please submit an updated CV and covering letter to this address: email@example.com
Please include “Community Mobilizer_Your Name” in the subject line.